Thursday 6 September 2012

6th September Part Deux!

I didn't stop for long in Bristol as I couldn't find a cashpoint so I never bothered with the coffee. By the time I got back on the railway path I had done 15 miles so I knew I would be up to at least 28 by the time I hit back to my car. After about 4 miles I stopped at a picnic bench and had my bandanna, oatcakes, and the rest of my water then set off for the final time. Getting to the end of the path near my car the GPS was showing 28.2 miles so I decided to continue along the canal for about another mile then turned round at cycled back to the car making the whole ride 30.07 miles in 2 hours 16 minutes. My average speed was up on previous rides but then I expected this because the railway path was pretty flat all the way.

That's just over 71 miles completed in 6 days which is 11 miles ahead of my "10 a day" target.

Kimberly is currently out running so although I have taken the lead it is only temporary! Mum swam a mile this morning and is planning another one tomorrow.

Totals at the time of writing:

Paul 71.02 miles out of 300 on the bike.
Mum 4.94 miles out of 21 in the water.
Kimberly 16.73 miles out of 80 on the run!

Oh and I never ate any flies today! I chewed a couple but managed to spit them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment