Sunday 2 September 2012

2nd September

I woke up this morning at 8am and got up considering going out on my bike. It didn't take much internal persuasion to convince myself that I was too achy to go out this early and so I went back to sleep! I got up a bit later and at lunchtime I watched the grand prix. I was planning on getting some more miles done but I knew it wouldn't take much for me to take the day off - after all yesterday's 14.5 miles were the first time out on my bike for a very long time so I'd need some time to recover!! I figured it would be nice to do about 15-20 miles so that I could get myself well ahead of the 10 miles per day average that I needed. At roughly 11-12 mph average I decided that if I went out at 6pm I would be finished before it got dark. Having very nearly not bothered I thought to myself that I had to go out as this was only day 2 and if I was going to succeed then I needed to put in the effort. I went out on the bike and the moment I sat in the saddle I realised that my backside was bruised from yesterday's ride and that this was going to be painful! On top of that it was looking like rain so no doubt I was going to be uncomfortable and wet! I completed 10.24 miles in the rain finishing off the same as yesterday cycling up bunford hollow which I had to stop 3 times on yesterday to catch my breath. I'm happy to report that even though my legs felt far heavier on today's ride and my backside was very painful I only stopped twice going up there today so I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I make it to the top in one go. I'm also hoping that my arse gets used to sitting in the saddle because if it feels the way it did today for the rest of the month then it's going to be a harder challenge than I thought! I'm sure there will be people out there that think cycling 300 miles in a month is easy and to a keen cyclist I'm sure it's not that big of a challenge but I'm starting from a very unfit and overweight position so for me it is certainly going to be tough. I hope that over the next month my fitness will improve and I hope to do some much longer rides. Both Kimberly and mum have had a planned day off today so no running or swimming but Kimberly says she is running on Monday and with the club on Tuesday and mum plans to swim every day this week except Thursday.

So far:

Paul: 24.71 miles cycled out of 300
Kimberly: 6.6 miles ran out of 80
Mum: 0.93 miles swam out of 21

No comments:

Post a Comment