Sunday 2 September 2012

1st September

To complete my 300 miles I need to cycle an average of 10 miles a day so if I want days off I'm going to need to build up to much longer rides. Today I was due to play golf in the monthly medal early in the morning and had my niece's birthday party to go to straight afterwards so if I was going to get out on my bike it would have to be in the evening. Kimberly got up early and went for her first run and completed an impressive 6.6 miles which is the furthest she's ran in one go so she was well and truly off the mark. We finished at Lucy's party at about 6:30pm and I spoke to my mum and tentatively asked her if she was going swimming? If she had said no then I expect I would also have skipped my first ride but thankfully she was motivated and after checking that the pool was open she agreed to go. I went out for about an hour and a quarter and completed just under 14.5 miles whilst mum swam 60 lengths. Another 4 lengths would have been a full mile but unfortunately the pool was closing and she ran out of time. I made part of my route go past the swimming pool and stopped a while until mum came out to congratulate her on kicking off her part of the challenge. By the time I got home my legs were a bit like jelly but I felt really good that all of us were off the mark on day 1.

Paul: 14.47 cycled
Kimberly: 6.6 miles ran
Mum: 0.93 miles swam

No comments:

Post a Comment