Thursday 20 September 2012

20th September

I had two days off the bike as planned but knew I had to get back on the bike today sometime. As the day went on I could easily have skipped it but my sister Sarah emailed me and asked if I fancied coming over to help her put up a shelf in her new bathroom so I said I would cycle over. She lives in a village outside of Yeovil and going the route I usually go over Ham Hill and through Martock it was about 10 miles to her house.

I had a coffee once I got there and Lucy showed me all her toys and her new bathroom. Then Sarah realised she didn't have a battery in her wire/pipe detector so she went to the shop whilst I watched Lucy ride her bike - without stabilisers!

Once Sarah got back we put the shelf up and I wired up the light over the sink. By this time Matthew was also home from hockey practice and wanted to go to his friends house so I cycled through the lanes with him and then set off home once he had got there.

It was an uneventful ride home, I came back along the main cartgate link road which is pretty busy but luckily they have a path which I used. It's still a bit daunting having lorries and fast cars passing so close but it was the easiest route home.

The total ride was just over 18 miles which means I have in the region of 70 miles left to complete in 10 days.

Mum had the day off swimming today but Kimberly completed 4.2 miles.

Oh and the donations keep on pouring in and our total raised for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and Smiler's Foundation is over £1,200! Thank you to everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment