Tuesday 4 September 2012

4th September

Day off for me and mum yesterday but Kimberly ran another 5 or so miles.

This morning I got up at 7:30 and had a huge bowl of porridge before getting on the bike. I had to do at least 15 miles to take me over the 40 mile mark which is where I should be after day 4. I decided to do the same route as day 1 which was out over Ham Hill, through Stoke Sub Hamdon, Montacute, then back through Yeovil and up Bunford Hollow. That ride was 14.47 miles so I needed to do a bit of a detour here and there to get the extra half a mile. I found the going quite tough to begin with as I could still feel the first two rides in my legs but my backside was feeling a bit better on the saddle and I was feeling better as I warmed up. Once I got back to Goldenstones I went left on the old railway line instead of right to Lysander Road. I cycled all the way to the end at Sherborne Road then back into town. I made the decision to cycle up Newton Lane and along by the show ground but just as I passed the old Western Gazette offices I had to brake hard as a Mini pulled out in front of me. No harm done though and my different route home meant that today's ride was just over 16 miles. Kimberly is running with the club this evening and Mum has swum another mile earlier on.

The story so far:

Paul: 40 miles out of 300
Mum: 3 miles out of 21
Kimberly: 12 miles out of 80

Oh and I've eaten a fly on every ride so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment