Tuesday 11 September 2012

11th September

I had to take my Mac Mini to the Apple store to get the drive fixed so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and go to the store in Bath and whilst I was there cycle the Bath to Bristol Railway Path again.  Last time I got 30 miles I did 30 miles but this time I parked in the middle of Bath (near the Apple store) and started from there.

A fairly uneventful ride to Bristol but after only 10 miles I was feeling quite tired and lethargic; a combination of not having the proper food inside me and that most of the first 10 miles was stright in to a strong head wind!  I stopped and gulped down a fair bit of water and had the rest of an energy bar and set off again.  Another 6 or 7 miles and I was in Bristol but this time I had money with me so I grabbed a quick coffee before heading back to Bath.

The total ride was just over 33 miles and I completed it in just about 2:30.  Not my fastest average speed at 13.03mph but like I said, it was fairly windy and the first and last two miles were in Bath town centre in amongst traffic.

Mum didn't swim yesterday as she fely a bit rough but the dotor gave her the go ahead to continue with her challenge so she made a brilliant effort this morning and swam 80 lengths - her longest swim so far.

With 45 miles cycled in the last two days I have jumped into the lead in the challenge but Kimberly is out with the running club tonight and hopes to do 5 or 6 miles so she will close the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment