Wednesday 5 September 2012

5th September

No cycling today but I thought I'd write a quick post because I have something to say!

Dad has an old bike carrier covered in cobwebs in the back of his garage which has hardly been used and fits any car so I dug it out.

I fitted it to the back of my car successfully and am more or less happy that it holds my bike securely so now I have a much greater range of options when it comes to cycling routes. I can now drive to any location and cycle a loop route before driving home again!

I've done a quick search on cycling routes in the south-west and have found an interesting one along the Bath to Bristol railway path. The path is 13 miles long, entirely Tarmac, and is only open to walkers and cyclists - so no traffic. The plan is to drive to Bath with my bike, cycle the railway path there and back and drive home; a total of about 26 miles. I've also bought a small waterproof bike bag which fits under the saddle so I can now carry some money or cards and some energy snacks or fruit.

Mum is the only one of us who has completed part of our challenge today, completing just under a mile in the pool. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow and Kimberly is planning a 6 mile run tomorrow night with the running club.

No comments:

Post a Comment