Thursday 5 September 2013

Day 4 and 5 - Time to play ketchup!

After taking a day off to rest my ankle and treating it with an ice pack my intention was to go out yesterday morning but when I woke up it was a real pea-souper outside and with no hi-vis or lights I didn't go out.  It's nice to get the ride done early in the day as its out of the way but I would have to go out after work instead.

I didn't leave work until nearly 7pm so I knew I had limited time before it got dark and I very nearly swerved it but I forced myself into the saddle and did a steady 14 or so miles taking care to keep my heels from dropping and my feet flat.  The ride felt good and the tendon gave my no bother so let's hope it's okay now for the rest of the month.

Day 5 and yet again it was foggy, I could have gone out but I used it as an excuse to stay in bed!  Another post work ride beckoned!

This time I left work at a reasonable time and I was on the bike by 6 pm.  I headed straight out to Ham Hill then through Stoke-sub-hamdon to Martock, a route I've done many times (well a few).  I then carried on the same road past Long Sutton golf club and out into the Langport road.  Here I would usually turn right and head back towards home but I had a quick look at the map on my phone and it looked like there was a good route out through Langport and back to Martock so I went that way.

After Martock I headed back my normal route through Ash, Tintinhull, Montacute, then Yeovil.  By this time the light was fading fast and to be honest I shouldn't have been out without lights and hi-vis but there was nothing I could do other than pedal faster to get home quicker!

When I got home I stretched all of my leg muscles and I'm currently sitting in a bath with the water just out of the cold tap!  It's not exactly an ice bath but its bloody cold and if its good enough for footballers and athletes then why not!  Brrrr...

Jon commuted today adding another 20 odd miles to his total.  Tom had a great day yesterday taking a longer route to and from work and managing over 40 miles!

Haven't heard from Kimberly in a few days but I'm guessing her training is going well.  She received her entry number for next weeks marathon - only 10 days to go!

Mum ha swam for another hour today making it four 5 days in a row an her time per length is getting quicker!  Later in the month she is away for a couple of days without access to a pool so we've agreed that to complete her 30 day "hour a day" average she will do a few longer swims to make up the missed days.

Keep donating!  Link is on Facebook...

Thank you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment