Monday 2 September 2013

Day 2 - The pain begins

Woke up at 5:45 this morning but it was still quite dark outside so I didn't actually get out of the house until gone 6:30.

As soon as I sat on the saddle I could tell it was going to be a painful ride as my backside was killing me!  I remember this from last September and it is a result of not having been on the bike much this year.  It only lasts for a couple of rides so I'll just have to get on with it.

I cycled out to East Coker again then back along the Dorchester road and then headed out towards Ham Hill.  My intention was to do about 20 miles today but as well as the pain in my bum my right ankle was also playing up!  It's really painful at the back on the tendon so I'm hoping that also goes away soon!

I didn't ride all the way to Ham Hill instead I turned down into Montacute and then back into Yeovil and home.  Just under 13 miles done taking my total to just under 45.

Mum completed another hour in the pool today so that's 2 down and 28 to go!  She's had some offers of sponsorship from her pool buddies which is excellent news.

Kimberly managed a 9 mile training run yesterday which was brilliant considering she wasn't feeling too special!  Less than two weeks to go until the half marathon but she's feeling more confident now that her training is well underway.

Tom kick started his challenge today by cycling just over 14 miles to work and will no doubt do the same on the way home unless he's planning a detour to get some more miles in?!?

Jon is also feeling the effects of yesterday's big ride so is resting today but he plans to commute to work and back tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored us so far, the total is rising and we're up to more than £360 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment